There's a very interesting technique required for the challenge at CAS Mix Up - Bokeh
Bokeh always looks so alluring and pretty and I've spent many a time trying to capture it with my camera. So it was fun to try to simulate this effect with inks on my card today:
I watched the videos following the links on the CAS Mix It Up blog and then decided to make a little photo process to share her on my blog.
1. I taped a piece of water colour card onto a board and then added water all over.
2. I added two brusho colours - ultramarine and turquoise - using a large soft brush.
3. I left the card to dry naturally and then removed the tape. Not too bendy then, the tape did its job.
4. I die cut a stitched panel and then used stencils to add the bokeh effect. I started with blue and grey ink and then added the white on top. The larger home made stencil was not used with the blue and grey inks.
5. I stamped the quote and then added some sparkle using Wink of Stella and the smaller stencil holes. I matted the bokeh panel onto a white card base leaving a half inch border all round.
Stamps:Kaisercraft, Way of Life
Inks: Versafine Clair, nocturne; Brusho, ultramrine & turquoise; SU, whisper white; Memento, summer sky & London fog
Stencils: Stampoaurus, Hero Arts & home made
Embellishments : Wink of Stella, clear
It's been lovely to have your visit today, thanks so much for your time.
And keep crafting!